The US Department of Defense is partnering with industry and academia on an initiative to develop a roadmap to create a coordinated and collaborative program that assesses sustainment technology needs in order to deliver sustainment technology solutions over the entire materiel lifecycle for large, complex, and globally distributed sustainment operations.
The industry partner must have the capability to provide technical, engineering, and programmatic expertise in creating the roadmap for sustainment operations. Specifically, the roadmap must take into account the following elements.
- Including the development and utilization of sustainment technology in appropriate policy and guidance
- Prioritizing investments in sustainment technology based on the projected benefits
- Exercising technology transition best-practices across the sustainment enterprise
- Pursuing innovations in sustainment concepts and capabilities to support readiness at affordable cost while enhancing U.S. industrial base capabilities
- Using an integrated approach to develop, evaluate, and implement sustainment innovation ideas, products, processes, and technologies to optimize weapon system performance and readiness
- Monitoring and coordinating sustainment technology development and implementation efforts
- Ensuring information assurance processes support sustainment technology evaluation and implementation, including increased use of advanced analytics and information in DOD databases
- Reviewing and monitoring acquisition programs for sustainment technology implementation and outcomes
- Integrating common sustainment technologies and processes for similar platforms and components
If you feel your organization has the technical capabilities and would like to be considered for this project, please complete the form below and upload your organization’s technical capabilities statement.
Interested Submissions Due by 8/22/2023.
We encourage participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs), including Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs).