The US Department of Defense is partnering with industry and academia on an initiative to build out the digital twin methodology for moving a legacy system and its components into the digital world. Additionally, this effort will develop and demonstrate tools and techniques to leverage the digital twins for improvements to advanced manufacturing techniques and processes that will ultimately enable better management of diminishing manufacturing sources.
Specifically, this initiative is intended to:
- Develop digital models and data for selected aircraft systems and components.
- Prove the ability to integrate digital data across multiple commercial platforms and not be limited to a single solution.
- Prototype capabilities for match drilling, robotics, and automation.
- Evaluation of and development of advanced manufacturing and additive manufacturing capabilities.
- Demonstration of modeling and simulation tools to a wide range of sustainment and maintenance challenges.
- Demonstrate how the commercial market, working with the Government, can bring new concepts and capabilities to the Government that create value, lower cost, and increase mission success.
If you feel your organization has the technical capabilities and would like to be considered for this project, please complete the form below and upload your organization’s technical capabilities statement.
Interested Submissions Due by 9/26/2023.
We encourage participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs), including Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs).