NCMS Project #: 140327
- Parts marking in austere environments.
- Mandatory Item Unique Identification (IUID) mandates marking a variety of parts of and an endless variety of materials.
- Parts exposure and use affect marking wearability.
- Total asset visibility – ability to mark, verify, and read current inventories with one system.
- Removal of data entry errors, real-time capture of data, and the ability of the DoD to track items for operational, logistical, and financial accountability purposes.
- Elimination of extended training & costs for various systems.
- Identification of all critical components within an engine.
- Improved safety.
- Tested and applied a variety of IUID marking and reading applications to overcome environmental and material challenges facing DoD weapons system.
- Fully integrated mobile 2D marking cart deployed in field:
- Ogden Air Logistics Center
- Fleet Readiness Center East
- Letterkenny Army Depot
- Handheld laser to mark products deployed in field.
- Color additives in conjunction with deep electrochemical etch and laser coating removal processes to improve marking contrast.
- U.S. Air Force (Elmendorf AFB and Ogden Air Logistics Center)
- U.S. Army (Letterkenny Army Depot)
- U.S. Navy (Fleet Readiness Centers East and Southwest)
- Solar Turbines
- Robotic Visions Systems, Inc.
- Monode Marking Products
- University of Tennessee Space Institute
- Waterjet Tech Inc.
- Ford Motor Company