NCMS Project #: 140881
Problem: The adoption of configuration management with a strong PLM backbone can increase collaboration with industry, DoD, and their suppliers, resulting in more streamlined processes across a product’s lifecycle. This paradigm shift will greatly reduce total ownership costs for industry and improve readiness for the warfighter.
Benefit: PLM enables collaboration between consumers and vendors to ensure that all parties are working on the same page throughout the design, development and sourcing processes. PLM enables companies to manage the workflow of all of product development, quality and compliance data, images and processes in a single solution for the consumer.
Solution/Approach: During Phase II the project will leverage work accomplished in Phase I to support the PLM Capability Initiative for the acquisition process by continuing to document, and refine the early acquisition Mission Threads, assessing and refining early maintenance ad sustainment Mission Threads and templates for a small user group, and creating and refining reports and alerts for user with and outside the Teamcenter Suite of tools.
Impact on Warfighter:
- Reduces spares and consumable parts needed
- Streamlines productive supply chain management
- Reduces maintenance burden and costs
- Improves readiness
- U.S. Air Force PLM-CI Integrated Program Office (IPO)
- U.S. Air Force Ground Based Strategic Deterrence (GBSD) Program Office
- Cost savings
- Repair turn-around time
- Maintenance avoidance and reliability
- Maintenance management improvement
- Improved readiness
- Enhanced inspection