NCMS Project #: 142089
Problem: Commercial maintenance organizations have spent hundreds of millions of dollars and have invested substantial resources towards process and technology innovation. These investments do not always keep pace with leading edge technological advancements, evaluate an organization’s capacity to incur risk, their resistance to change, and whether there are any barriers for adopting new technology. Similarly, the Army has spent hundreds of millions of dollars on systems that have been deployed for over 10 years and have become antiquated.
Benefit: Streamlining, innovating and upgrading just a fraction of these IT infrastructure processes will have a dramatic effect throughout all AMC functions, and can be used to demonstrate applicability of IT technology and process improvement across a wide variety of commercial applications facing similar issues.
Solution/Approach: Subject matter expertise will integrate with users of both General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) and Logistics Modernization Program (LMP) to identify problem areas with the current system configuration, reporting capabilities, data reliability, internal controls, system workflow, and business processes that surround the systems to support the AMC’s mission to improve maintenance activities across the organization. The initiative is intended to demonstrate how the commercial market, working with AMC, can bring innovative solutions to enhance the enterprise by taking advantage of emerging technologies and becoming more agile, leading to improved efficiencies for maintaining and sustaining the Army’s industrial base.
Impact on Warfighter:
- Real-time, accurate, and compiled data in order to make instantaneous decisions
- Reduce the risk associated with sustainment and maintenance planning inaccuracies
- Increase efficiencies in processes and savings in time wasted
- Improve warfighter readiness and success
- U.S. Army Material Command
- Guidehouse LLP
- Alta Via Consulting, LLC
- Cost savings
- Maintenance avoidance and reliability
- Obsolescence management and continued maintenance capability
- Maintenance management improvement
- Improved readiness
- Business IT and analytics