NCMS Project #: 141047
Problem: Designs for standardization, acquiring, employing and effectively identifying and managing IT components (how/where they are ultimately deployed) while being able to quickly and accurately assess effectiveness and impact maintenance or sustainment requirements is an issue for both industry and DoD. Understanding how to best embrace emerging technologies and apply them successfully to the challenges without further exasperating current problems or driving up costs is a key consideration. It requires a vision and strategy to understand the optimum means to employ and deploy these exciting and game changing technologies and properly address areas of public need.
Benefit: This effort will function as a jumping off point to grapple with not only embracing and applying digital technology innovations but assisting in the marriage of physical to digital innovation application in a structured and refined manner.
Solution/Approach: Phase II objectives will focus on the operational evaluation of the emerging technologies beyond the testing environment and deploying them in areas not previously accessible such as maintenance bays, airplane hangars, motor pools, flight lines, and industrial control facilities.
Impact on Warfighter:
- Greater ability of analyzing the available technology
- Multi-enterprise solutions that enable collaboration, data mapping and strong governance across multiple parties and multiple echelons
- Mitigate risks associated with too early adoption of an evolving technology
- Reduce lifecycle time and costs
- Improve warfighter readiness and lethality
- Headquarters Marine Corps C4
- Headquarters Marine Corps I&L
- Marine Corps Installations Command – GF
- Deputy Command, Information
- Troika Solutions, LLC
- Cost savings
- Maintenance management improvement
- Improved readiness
- Business processes/partnerships