NCMS is assisting the U.S. Navy is seeking technology that will improve expeditionary depot capabilities. Current depot repairs and overhauls are predominantly performed at fixed locations given specialized tooling, facilities, and staff. The ability to position-forward a depot capability will extend fielding at any location with fabrication, repair/overhaul, and extensive reach-back communications ability will allow more responsive depot repairs forward. Multi-SYSCOM (and joint) standard systems will provide interoperability in operational environments increasing the availability of assigned assets.
Some of the needs of this project are:
- Satellite communications with high bandwidth to support visual communications, file sharing, and remote machine operation; interface via SIPR with no file storage at containerized depots
- Minimum initial operating capability: Additive Manufacturing, Laser Scanning, Cold Spray, Laser Ablation, Advanced Non-Destructive Inspection, Welding arms with a suite of end effectors
- The container must be “air-droppable” and fit onto a standard tractor-trailer
- Consumable materials list maintained by DLA
- Modular configurations for increased depot support
Responses to Sources Sought should provide:
- Background of capability development
- Examples of where the capability is currently used if any
- Corporate presentation including engineering, manufacturing and testing capabilities
- Cost Summary Form
Interested parties should complete the following form on or before Tuesday, September 3, 2019. All questions and/or inquiries can be addressed to Debra Lilu, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-262-0758.