NCMS is assisting the U.S. Navy in locating cold spray technology appropriate to the unique needs of naval repair situations. Cold spray methods although affecting some dimensional repairs do not currently provide for protective coatings, structural metallic repairs, or for robust portable applications in various settings (e.g., aboard ships or inside ground vehicles’ compartment). Additional efforts are required to resolve these gaps for the benefit of multiple military platform applications.
Some desired outcomes include:
- Completed metallurgical analysis for various substrates (including fatigue testing, crack performance, failure modes, behavior under load/shock, …)
- Protective coatings for wear resistance and/or corrosion protection
- Chrome plating replacement
- High volume applications of cold spray powders
- Ability to perform structural repairs
- Approved use of systems in confined environments (e.g., shipboard)
- Large volume repair capability
Responses to Sources Sought should provide:
- Background of capability development
- Examples of where the capability is currently used if any
- Corporate presentation including engineering, manufacturing and testing capabilities
- Cost Summary Form
Interested parties should complete the following form on or before Tuesday, September 3, 2019. All questions and/or inquiries can be addressed to Debra Lilu, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-262-0758.