NCMS Project #: 141042
Problem: Too often maintenance is put off due to incomplete and inaccurate data, resulting in unanticipated breakdowns, costly repairs, and lengthy delays in restoring the system to an operationally ready state. The creation of a common CBM+ system that integrates data from a large quantity and a broad diversity of equipment types across an entire enterprise would provide significant benefits to an organization.
Benefit: The solution will help inform a common policy, strategy, and requirements for providing CBM support for a wide variety of equipment types and will propose a common infrastructure that can be shared by multiple organizations within a corporation, government organization, or military service.
Solution/Approach: Minimizing unplanned maintenance through CBM+ is attainable. The overall objective of this project is to support the development and definition of a system concept, operational requirements, system requirements, and infrastructure for a very large-scale CBM+ implementation and execution intended to improve the readiness of a large, heterogeneous platform fleet.
Impact on Warfighter:
- Decrease overall maintenance burden
- Greater visibility in data-driven decisions
- Improve warfighter readiness and reliability
- Army Materiel Command (AMC)
- U.S. Army Integrated Logistics Support Center (ILSC)
- U.S. Navy Program Management Office (PMO) Joint Technical Data Integration (JTDI)
- U.S. Army HQDA G4 (observer)
- U.S. Army Combat Capability Development Command (CCDC) Data and Analysis Center (DAC), formerly known as the Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) (observer)
- U.S. Army Combat Capability Development Command (CCDC) Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC), formally known as the Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC) (observer)
- U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) Logistics Center (ALC) (observer)
- U.S. Marine Corps Headquarters, Installations and Logistics (observer)
- Ricardo Defense, Incorporated
- Cost savings
- Repair turn-around time
- Positive environmental impact
- Improved readiness
- Reliability improvement