ALEXANDRIA, VA, January 5, 2017—The Department of Defense (DoD), through the Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP), supports the demonstration of technologies that address priority DoD environmental requirements. The goal of ESTCP is to promote the transfer of innovative technologies through demonstrations that collect the data needed for regulatory and DoD end-user acceptance. Projects conduct formal demonstrations at DoD facilities and sites in operational settings to document and validate improved performance and cost savings.
ESTCP is seeking proposals for demonstrations of innovative environmental technologies as candidates for funding beginning in FY 2018. The solicitation requests pre-proposals via Calls for Proposals to Federal organizations and via a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Private Sector organizations. Pre-proposals are due March 9, 2017 by 2 p.m. ET.
Detailed instructions are on the ESTCP website under Funding Opportunities.
DoD organizations (Service and Defense Agencies) may submit pre-proposals for demonstrations of innovative technologies in the following topic areas:
- Environmental Restoration
- Munitions Response in Underwater Environments
- Resource Conservation and Resiliency
- Weapons Systems and Platforms
The Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) and Call for Proposals (CFP) for Federal Organizations Outside DoD are seeking pre-proposals for technologies in the following topic areas:
- Innovative Technology Transfer Approaches
- Long Term Management of Contaminated Aquatic Sediments
- Management of Contaminated Groundwater
- Detection, Classification, and Remediation of Military Munitions in Underwater Environments
- Use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for Safe and Cost Effective Natural Resources Management on Department of Defense Lands
- Demonstration/Validation of Alternatives to Hexavalent Chromium in Manufacturing and Maintenance of Weapons Systems
- Waste to Energy Converters for Overseas Contingency Operations
If you have any questions, please contact the ESTCP Support Office at email@example.com or by telephone at 571-372-6565.