An NCMS partner is looking for product solutions to fulfill a specific need. This Call for Technology process allows industry, academia, and other organizations the opportunity to meet the requested need. If your organization has a capability or product that can fill the requested call for technology, please complete the following form and thoroughly explain your proposed solution.
All submissions will be reviewed and compiled for the NCMS team. Primary contacts will be notified of the status of their submission following a decision.
Please submit your technology that can conduct spin pit testing of 6 fan disks to confirm fatigue life and fracture mechanics for the TF33. Technology must meet the following specifications:
- Physical verification of fatigue initiation site and crack growth pattern is required through spin pit analysis
- Bladed fan disk is ~50 inches in diameter, weighs ~136 pounds, and spins at ~10,000 RPMs
- Disks will be used and will have multiple non-destructive inspections completed to confirm starting conditions
- Expect USAF and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) engineering participation in testing and evaluation
- Low Cycle Fatigue limit and Fracture Mechanics results from Finite Element Analysis and risk assessment are already complete