As we close 2018 and prepare for 2019, we want to thank you for your continued support of advanced manufacturing, innovative technologies, and collaborative partnerships which are the strengths of NCMS. Here are a few highlights from this year that we are grateful for:
- 20th Anniversary of NCMS’ signature program, Commercial Technologies and Maintenance Activities (CTMA)
- Two wildly successfully NCMS Technology Showcases, with over 2700 attendees, one in Yokosuka Japan and one at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
- First annual NCMS Member Meeting in May 2018 with 50% membership attending
- Launched the Advanced Manufacturing, Materials, and Processes (AMMP) program, with the U.S. Army Research Laboratory
- Welcomed Lisa Strama as President and CEO of NCMS
This was a tremendous year of growth for NCMS, fueled by significant growth of CTMA for the fifth straight year and the launch of our new program with the U.S. Army Research Laboratory focused on additive manufacturing and advanced materials: AMMP, the Advanced Manufacturing, Materials, and Processes program. We anticipate 2019 to be even better.
In 2019, NCMS will host several NCMS Technology Showcases, starting with Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard, January 22, 2019. We manage these showcases to give government and industry the chance to identify and transition innovative technologies to ensure U.S. warfighter readiness. In May, we will host the CTMA annual Partners & Integrated Project Meeting, FRCSW, May 7-9, 2019. Throughout the year, we will host AMMP’s Annual Meeting, and Technology Advisory Board meetings
The entire NCMS team joins me in welcoming the opportunity to continue working with you to advance manufacturing and create innovative technologies to strengthen the U.S. industrial base. Thank you again to all NCMS’ members and partners. It is with your help that our organization has built an impressive 32-year history of excellence. We look forward to working collaboratively to promote and support American manufacturing in 2019.