Congratulations to long-time NCMS friend and partner, Steve McKee, Naval Enterprise Sustainment Technology Team (NESTT) Lead. On Friday, December 18, 2020 he received the Office of the Secretary of Defense Award for Excellence. McKee was instrumental in standing up the Joint Robotics Organization for Building Organic Technologies (JROBOT) that is tasked with:
- Developing Right-sized Robotics Solutions for Sustainment
- Rapid and Agile Acquisition
- Business Process and Data Quality
- Governance and Policy Revisions
- Develop Workforce Training and Education
- Collaboration and Data Sharing
- Joint Robotics in Sustainment Summit
As innovative solutions to maintenance and sustainment challenges take a priority role within the DOD, robotic technology for maintenance efforts could be a forward-leaning answer. McKee has devoted countless hours to a robotics coordinated investment, development, and fielding to affect Joint, Inter-Agency, and Allied partners’ readiness.
McKee was the sole recipient of the OSD Award for Excellence that recognizes the exceptional performance of a career employee in support of a project or detail that has significant and lasting impacts to the DOD.