NCMS is assisting the U.S. Navy is seeking technology that will assist in using AI to capture work instructions. Low-frequency repairs require extensive engineering and have not efficiently leveraged previous evolutions. Supervised machine learning must be harnessed to enable AI-generated work instructions to reduce engineering costs. Methodology will also counter workforce turnover concerns.
Examples of tasks desired:
- Compile existing technical work instructions to create the baseline of acceptable procedures to start supervised machine learning algorithm development
- Gain confidence in the algorithms by applicable technical warrant holders
- Receive a Risk Management Framework (RMF)-type accreditation Authority to Operate (ATO) for the system across all Navy depot maintenance sites (Shipyards, Fleet Readiness Centers, Logistics Bases)
- Push solution to deck plates to provide immediate responses to shipboard/deployed and depot shop workforce
Responses to Sources Sought should provide:
- Background of capability development
- Examples of where the capability is currently used if any
- A corporate presentation including engineering, manufacturing and testing capabilities
- Cost Summary Form
Interested parties should complete the following form on or before December 11, 2019. All questions and/or inquiries can be addressed to Debra Lilu, email@example.com or call 734-262-0758.