Save the Date for the NCMS Members Meeting & Technology Showcase hosted by the CCDC Army Research Laboratory (CCDC-ARL) at the Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Aberdeen, Maryland, September 19, 2019.
For the first time, NCMS is partnering with the CCDC-ARL and APG to host a Technology Showcase. While this event focuses heavily on advanced manufacturing, materials, and processes, it is open to all innovative technologies that will advance the U.S. Army’s goal of understanding, exploring, maturing, and exploiting science and technology developments leading to Power Projection Superiority, Information Supremacy, Lethality, and Protection Superiority, and Soldier Performance Augmentation.
APG, one of the most diversified military installations in the U.S., is the Army’s premier home of innovation and readiness in support of the Joint Warfighter and is home to CCDC-ARL. CCDC-ARL partners with industry and academia to ensure that programs produce advanced technologies that support Soldiers in the field today – and in the future.
Some focus areas will be:
- Advanced manufacturing, materials, and processes in metals, polymers, ceramics, electronics, and heterogeneous materials
- Mechatronics and collaborative robotics
- Automation and integration with respect to powder metallurgy, feedstocks, and additive manufacturing (AM) process life cycle
- Software tools such as preprocessors, postprocessors, topology optimization, artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) data analytics, motion controller/conformal 3D object slicers, robot operating system (ROS), etc.
- (In-situ) process monitoring and controlling tools, process visualizations; remote high-resolution optics; virtual reality/augmented reality/mixed reality (VR/AR/MR) in digital manufacturing
- Rapid Certification/qualification hardware/software tools
- 3D reconstructions, inspections, reliability analytics, and prediction tools
- Process and measurement sensors
- Miniaturization of AM technologies (i.e., small area high precision non-line-of-sight (NLOS) AM heads/tools
The NCMS/CCDC-ARL Technology Showcase at the Aberdeen Proving Ground will be a tremendous opportunity where participants can interact with government representatives who would use or implement innovative technologies and interact with key personnel from the organizations and commands from all over the very important army installation. Some of the major agencies on APG are ATEC (T&E), CCDC ARL, CCDC CBC, CCDC Data & Analysis Center, C5SR, HP Computing, Med Comm, PEO IEW&S, CECOM, and PEO ACWA.
Registration is now open. If you want to have a direct impact on the technology that gets into our warfighters’ hands, please visit www.ncms.org/events. Space is limited so we encourage those interested to register as soon as possible.