Transportation Systems Condition-Based Maintenance Plus (CBM+)
NCMS Project #: 141001
Problem: Currently, organizations in both private industry and within the Department of Defense face obstacles in collecting, migrating, integrating, analyzing, and displaying the data generated on a single platform, as well as aggregated data at the various Fleet Management echelons, which limit an organization’s ability to implement CBM+.
Benefit: The creation of dashboard visualization tools that report the condition of assets, based on accurate and complete data collected from the system, would offer immediate tangible benefits. Having the ability to display the condition of assets from an individual vehicle to the entire fleet in a variety of views that are tailored to the needs of each individual stakeholder (i.e. operator, maintainer, data analyst, fleet manager, etc.) will significantly improve the operational availability of any ground forces.
Solution/Approach: This project proposes to address each of these obstacles using a combination of commercial and government capabilities that will demonstrate the value of CBM+ in improving readiness of the Tactical Wheeled Vehicle (TWV) fleet, with lessons that can be translated by private industry to improve maintenance activities in that arena. The scope includes two parallel paths, one that is conducted by the OEM to showcase capabilities from industry, and one that is conducted internally by the government to showcase the maturing state of the Army’s Logistics Enterprise Network and CBM analytics capabilities.
Impact on Warfighter:
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Extend productive lifespans of equipment
- Improve warfighter readiness
- Greater visibility of enterprise assets
- U.S. Army Project Manager Transportation Systems (PM TS)
- U.S. Army Integrated Logistics Support Center (ILSC)
- U.S. Navy Program Management Office (PMO) Joint Technical Data Integration (JTDI)
- U.S. Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA) (observer)
- U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDEVCOM) Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC) (observer)
- U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) Logistics Center (observer)
- Oshkosh Defense
- Ricardo Defense, Incorporated (RDI)
- Cost savings
- Repair turn-around time
- Maintenance avoidance and reliability
- Maintenance management improvement
- Improved readiness