NCMS Project #: 140365
- Missed or misinterpreted engineering requirements are a leading cause of quality “escapes” (production planning errors caught in downstream operations).
- Requirements tabulation is currently a manual process subject to human error.
- Requirements not associated with processes that make and validate them.
- Requirements not readily available to all production planning processes.
- Costs OEMs tens of millions of dollars in corrective actions.
- Cycle Time: Improves mfg process planning productivity and reduces component scrap and rework, reducing lead time for new acquisitions and ECPs by up to 5%
- Reliability: Conversion of manual requirements management processes to automated ones reduces opportunity for human error and improves component quality and reliability
- Availability: Increased maintenance component throughput results in shorter PDM cycle time and propulsion mission capability improvement
- Cost: Process planning productivity improvement and virtual elimination of quality escapes results in $168M/yr cost avoidance – universal application could save $billions
- Automated extraction, tabulation, and configuration management of requirements in the Teamcenter™ PLM system. Linked to ECSS to ensure technology transition.
- Improve OEM management of requirements to Six Sigma level.
- Collaborate with F101 engine ECSS PLM Pathfinder.
- Prepare for ECSS deployment.
- U.S. Air Force (Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center)
- U.S. Navy (Fleet Readiness Center East)
- GE Aviation
- BCT Technology