NCMS Project #: 142190
Problem: The munitions industrial base is complex, and civil authorities and the United States (U.S.) Government have spent many millions of dollars developing and supporting the asset visibility, logistics, sustainment, and readiness efforts used to manage the munitions lifecycle. Because many antiquated, legacy systems are utilized, the processes involved are inefficient, do not supply fully accurate data, and cannot produce sufficient data analysis or reporting needed for today’s decision-making.
Benefit: This project will lead to more accurate and relevant data, more reliable data analysis, better reporting, and ultimately, more informed decision-making, all of which can be applied in the commercial sector.
Solution/Approach: The primary objective of this project is to employ updated technology to develop new business processes that will deliver the data needed for total asset visibility for munitions and other critical items and systems across their entire lifecycle; spanning acquisition, logistics, maintenance, sustainment, and readiness functions.
Impact on Warfighter:
- Enhance data analytic methodologies and reporting capabilities
- Increase visibility into the munition’s material flow
- Advance business processes and reduce costs
- Increase fleet operational readiness
- Chief, Audit Readiness (G8), Army Materials Command (AMC)
- Intel/Security (G2), AMC
- Guidehouse LLP
- Cost savings
- Obsolescence management and continued maintenance capability
- Positive environmental impact
- Improved readiness
- Business IT and analytics