NCMS Project #: 140508
NAVAIR Lakehurst led the effort to create a JIT BCA and AoA. The purpose was to determine whether investing in CSE allowed for diagnosis and repairs of intermittent failures at the depot level would be cost effective to the USN/USMC and other military branches.
Five alternatives were researched as part of NAVAIR 4.2.2’s BCA and AoA:
- Continue with status quo.
- Invest in core Intermittent Fault Detector (IFD) technology (static test).
- Invest in core IFD technology + Vibration Stand (dynamic testing).
- Invest in core IFD technology + Environmental Chamber (dynamic testing).
- Invest in core IFD technology + Vibration Stand + Environment Chamber (dynamic testing).