NCMS Project #: 140455
Problem: DPAP is responsible for all acquisition and procurement policy matters in the Department of Defense (DoD). The DPAP office serves as the principle advisor to the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (AT&L) and the Defense Acquisition Board on acquisition/procurement strategies for al major weapon systems programs, major automated information systems programs, and services acquisitions.
Program Development and Implementation (PDI) is comprised of Unique Identification (UID), Purchase Card and E-business.
- Ability to provide an environment to enable flow of GFP data and necessary validations among SPOT and source systems.
- Broaden capability across DoD Services and Agencies to provide accurate visibility of GFP in the custody of contractors.
- Ability to execute receipt and acceptance in a disconnected environment using a handheld device, providing the ability to perform property transfers out of theater, or to receive notification and receipt of inbound property to or from industry or DoD.
- Evaluate and document necessary interaction among the Synchronized Pre-deployment Operational Tracker (SPOT), Item Unique Identification (IUID) Registry, and the GFP module of the DoD IUID Registry to enable traceability, transparency and accountability for Government Furnished weapons, vehicles, helicopters, and other military vehicles tracked as GFP in theater.
- Provide definition and execution of extending property receipt for newly acquired items and for property transfer in a contingency environment.
- Evaluate the NATO information architecture, lifecycle management procedures, asset tracking (including the to-be process model) and traceability efforts to develop a plan for integrating DoD initiatives into NATO policies, procedures and guidance with regard to anti-counterfeiting.
- Evaluation support of key architecture components that support the DoD purchase card program.
Impact on Warfighter:
- Faster and more efficient acquisition, repair, and deployment of requirements for all major weapon systems programs, major automated information systems programs, and services.
- More efficient allocation of resources for critical national security needs.
- Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP), Program Development and Implementation (PDI) Office DLA
- NATO Maintenance and Supply Agency (NAMSA)
- U.S. Marine Corps
- U.S. Navy
- Black & Rossi, LLC
- Lockheed Martin