We are pleased to announce the six finalists for the 2023 CTMA Technology Competition, our annual event that highlights innovations in maintenance and sustainment technologies. Over 50 high-quality entries were received. A panel of judges selected the finalists for excellence in maintenance relevance or impact, originality and contribution to state-of-the-art solutions, technical maturity, cross-service applicability, and feasibility/practicality.
The finalists are:
- Cumulus Digital Systems: WeldScout: Intelligent Welding Inspections for Critical Infrastructure
- Mide Technology Corporation: Mide Technology Corporation SmartClamp
- Modest Tree: Tech Companion
- Sphere Brake Defense Inc.: Advanced Sphere Brake (SB) Kits
- ToughGuard HP Coatings, LLC: ToughGuard NHP – The End of Corrosion
- United States Air Force: Ultrasonically Activated De-Paint (UADP) Technology
The six finalists will present their entries at the CTMA Technology Competition Finalists’ Presentation, at the 2023 CTMA Partners Meeting, June 7th at 1:30 pm in New Orleans, LA.
After the presentations, judges will select the Overall Award winner, and event attendees will select the People’s Choice Award winner. Both winners will be announced at the conclusion of the event. In addition to the awards, NCMS will make available $50,000 in project support funding to each winner, to enable them to take part in a selected Department of Defense demonstration activity, to the extent permitted under the existing CTMA cooperative agreement.
To view all the entries in this year’s competition, see the competition booklet by visiting: https://www.ncms.org/wp-content/uploads/2023_CTMA_CompBook_FINAL-E.pdf.