Demonstrate your technology to key individuals October 24 – 26 during the NCMS Technology Showcase: Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. This three-day event held in Kittery, Maine, offers showcase demonstration sessions for interaction with shipyard staff and decision makers, a tour of the facility, and networking opportunities. NCMS Technology Showcases have been featured at DoD maintenance facilities across the US and Japan and are open to government personnel as well as industry exhibitors and representatives.
Register now as space for this event is limited to the first 30 exhibitors.
Some exhibitors may be invited to an additional one-on-one demonstration session by request from base leadership. The company abstract submitted with your registration will help determine those invited.
Registration deadline for all US citizens is September 21, 2018. All non-US citizens must register by September 9, 2018.
Shipyard Technology Needs
- Switchable magnet technologies
- Metal 3D printing with cold spray technology
- Ergonomic surface preparation systems (e.g. Wing-Top Sanders)
- Cold spray technology for repair and maintenance
- Oil, fuel, and fluid analysis instruments. Condition-based maintenance and oil in water analysis
- Collection and analysis of measurement data with high tech scanning and measuring tools
- Circuit analysis test equipment to verify the integrity of wire interconnect systems, electronic enclosures
- Software for customized machine learning/data mining, maintenance support, and structural health monitoring
- Corrosion-resistant intercept packaging
- Round cold cutting tools – Custom designed Adjustable Round Cutter (ARC) “BEDELL” trepanning machining system
- Laser coating removal and surface preparation systems
- Confined spaces monitoring system
- Pipe cutting and machining products
- Industrial augmented reality
- Collaborative robots for industrial applications
- Metal-based 3D printing
- Automation technologies (e.g. pallet handling, workpiece handling, etc.)
- RFID technologies for industrial use
- Material handling systems
- GPS technologies for industrial use
- Cold cutting technologies
- Audiovisual and multimedia presentation systems
- Queuing and scheduling technology
Wednesday – 10.24.2018
0800 – Arrive at Pass Office Gate 1
0900-1130 – Set Up Booths at Show Venue
1130-1230 – Meet and Greet with Shipyard Management
1230-1530 – Shipyard Tour (no cell phones)
1800-2100 – Evening Social
Thursday – 10.25.2018
0700-0730 – Arrive at the Show Venue
0800-1130 – Technology Showcase
1130-1230 – Lunch Break
1230-1530 – Technology Showcase
Friday – 10.26.2018
0700-0730 – Arrive at the Show Venue
0800-1100 – In-Shop Demos for Selected Equipment (Invite Only by Base Personnel)
1200-1300 – Wrap-up Meeting
- Companies may purchase an exhibitor ticket which will include one tabletop with a limit of one tabletop per company. Additional staff may purchase an individual ticket to attend and support tabletop staffing
- Tabletops will be 3’x6’
- No internet access will be available. Hotspots may be used in the exhibitor space
- Electricity made available by request
There is no shipyard shipping option. All demonstration and display materials must be carried on site. If shipping is required, please contact your hotel for options.
- Business casual dress is acceptable. Safety shoes are recommended.
- Phones and hotspots may be used in demonstration area only.
Directions to Naval Shipyard:
Directions from Boston, MA
Follow signs for Rt. 95 North (Maine/New Hampshire). Take Route 95 North through the Hampton, New Hampshire tollbooth ($2.00 toll) and continue on Route 95 to Maine. On Route 95 North you will pass over the Piscataqua River Bridge into Maine. (This is a very large high-rise bridge). You will see the shipyard to your right as you reach the top of the bridge – large cranes in the distance. Take Exit 1 for Dennett Rd. toward Navy Yard/Eliot/ME-103. Turn left onto Dennett Rd. Continue onto Old Post Rd., then onto Cook St. Cook St. turns left and becomes Government St. Continue onto Walker St. Go straight through the lights to stay on Walker St. which leads you directly to Portsmouth Naval Shipyard’s Gate 1.
Directions from Portland, Maine
Take Route 95 South all the way through the York, Maine tolls and continue until you reach the exit for Route 236 Kittery, Maine. (This will be the second exit after the tolls). Stay right on the exit.
Once on Route 236, move to the left lane. Pass under the overpass and enter into the Kittery Traffic Circle. At the traffic circle, take the second exit onto State Rd. (immediately after the 7-Eleven but before Dairy Queen). Follow this road for approximately one mile. At the lights, take a left onto Walker St. Continue straight on Walker St., which leads you directly to Portsmouth Naval Shipyard’s Gate 1.
When using a Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) device for driving directions, enter the intersection of Walker St. and Wentworth St. in Kittery, Maine as your destination. Portsmouth Naval Shipyard does not register as a destination on all GPS devices.
Registration and Security
Registration is now open for the NCMS Technology Showcase: Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. Registration for non-US Citizens must be complete by 9/7/2018. US Citizens must complete registration by 9/21/2018. Space is limited to only 30 exhibitor tables for this showcase. Do not hesitate to register as space will fill quickly.
Please select one of the following ticket types when completing your registration form. Any questions about these ticket types can be directed to Jenniferk@ncms.org
Government Attendee – $0
Individuals with a .mil or .gov email address are eligible for the government attendee ticket type.
Government contractors are not eligible for this ticket type and must select either Industry or Exhibitor ticket types.
Industry Attendee – $150
Industry attendees ticket type will have access to the event but does not include an exhibitor tabletop space. Government Contractors and additional tabletop staff should purchase an Industry Attendee ticket.
Exhibitor Tabletop plus Industry Attendee – $150
This ticket type is for one exhibitor tabletop and includes one attendee ticket. Exhibitors must stock and staff their tabletop throughout all Technology Showcase periods. If additional staff is required at your tabletop, they may purchase an Industry Attendee ticket. Due to limited space, tabletops are limited to one per company at this point.
Any questions about ticket types can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
NCMS Member Discount
NCMS Member organizations are eligible for a $25 discount on tickets for the NCMS Technology Showcase: Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
Enter discount code NCMS2018mem to receive this discount.
Security items and processes:
Following your registration, NCMS Staff will contact you with additional information on base access. Visitor Request documentation must be completed and submitted prior to gaining access to Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Khoury email@example.com
In addition, two forms of identification need to be provided by each registrant U.S. citizens when entering Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
Additional forms of ID required for Foreign Nationals or those with dual citizenship.
Instructions to retrieve visitor pass will be sent to registrants via email prior to the event
Date(s) - 10/24/2018 - 10/26/2018
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard