It’s not too late to register for the NCMS Technology Showcase hosted at the CCDC Army Research Laboratory (CCDC-ARL) at the Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Aberdeen, Maryland, September 19, 2019.
For the first time, NCMS is partnering with the CCDC-ARL and APG to host a Technology Showcase. This event focuses primarily on advanced manufacturing, materials, and processes. It is open to all innovative technologies that will advance the U.S. Army’s goal of understanding, exploring, maturing, and exploiting science and technology developments leading to Power Projection Superiority, Information Supremacy, Lethality and Protection Superiority, and Soldier Performance Augmentation.
APG, one of the most diversified military installations in the U.S., is the Army’s premier home of innovation and readiness in support of the Joint Warfighter and is home to CCDC-ARL. CCDC-ARL partners with industry and academia to ensure that programs produce advanced technologies that support Soldiers in the field today – and in the future.
Some focus areas will be:
- Advanced manufacturing, materials, and processes in metals, polymers, ceramics, electronics, and heterogeneous material;
- Mechatronics and collaborative robotics
- Automations and integrations with respect to powder metallurgy, feedstocks, and additive manufacturing (AM) process lifecycle
- Software tools such as pre-processors, post-processors, topology optimization, artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) data analytics, motion controller/conformal 3D object slicers, robotic operating system (ROS), etc.
- (In-situ) process monitoring and controlling tools, process visualizations; remote high-resolution optics; virtual reality/augmented reality/mixed reality (VR/AR/MR) in digital manufacturing
- Rapid certification/qualification hardware/software tools
- 3D reconstructions, inspections, reliability analytics and prediction tools
- Process and measurement sensors
- Miniaturization of AM technologies (i.e., small area high precision non-line-of-sight (NLOS) AM heads/tools)
The NCMS/CCDC-ARL Technology Showcase at the APG will be a tremendous opportunity where participants can interact with government representatives and key personnel who would use or implement innovative technologies. Some of the major agencies on APG are ATEC (T&E), CCDC ARL, CCDC CBC, CCDC Data & Analysis Center, C5SR, HP Computing, Med Comm, PEO IEW&S, CECOM, and PEO ACWA.
Registration is open.
If you want to have a direct impact on the technology that gets into our warfighters’ hands, please visit www.ncms.org/apg. Space is limited so we encourage those interested to register as soon as possible.