ANAD will host a Remanufacturing Conference on November 19, 2019, to bring together suppliers of technical services/products which can improve ANAD’s role as a readiness provider and sustainer of combat power. This event will be by invitation only. Interested parties must submit a 2019 Industry Conference Interest Form to be considered. ANAD is a secure facility and all parties must be properly vetted through a background check prior to entrance.
Potential guest speakers will include ANAD Commander and Deputy Commander, as well as representatives from Army Material Command, Army Contracting Command-Warren (ACC-Warren), TACOM, ANAD Production Engineering, and the Army’s Ground Vehicle Systems Center. Key briefings will include ANAD capabilities, public-private partnering process, contracting/procurement actions, and areas of focused interest/process improvement. Tours will be provided to demonstrate ANAD’s capability and identify production/process improvement opportunities.
Desired technologies and processes include:
- Surfacing and resurfacing of legacy parts
- New methods of manufacturing/remanufacturing technologies into the production operations of combat/tactical vehicles/weapons systems. Examples; cold spray, additive manufacturing for the remanufacturing of parts (not 3D printing)
- Replacements for hard chromium plating
- Replacements of hex chromium in plating/chemical cleaning processes
- Closed-loop chemical cleaning operations for the waste stream and air emissions
- Training/qualification/certification for new technologies
- State of the art inspection/scanning/measurement systems for parts and vehicle hulls
- Solution Engineering to remanufacturing
- New vs. remanufacturing solutions
- Improved tooling and programming on the production floor
- Automated work cells:
- Machining cell with multiple machines and material handling systems
- Robotic/automated blasting
- Robotic/automated painting
- Robotic/automated wash rack
- Robotic/automated welding
- Robotic/automated assembly
- Robotic/automated plating
- Robotic/automated chemical cleaning
- Automated measurement
This event is free of charge; however, lunch and refreshments will be made available for a $20 fee. Deadline for submission is October 21,2019. Further contact information is included in the ANAD 2019 Remanufacturing Conference Interest Form linked below.