Are you a SIG Subcommittee member? Then you’ll want the tools we use to work together!
File Sharing: Dropbox
The Digital Manufacturing SIG has formed a number of breakout committees to deal with specific facets of the effort. These teams use Dropbox to share files and collaborate on various activities.
|Learn more about Dropbox|
If you’re a SIG subcommittee member, here’s what you do to get access:
- If you already have a Dropbox account, email Jon Riley at NCMS and tell him that you need access to the Subcommittee shared folder.
- You’ll get a response to the same address with instructions on how to access it through your own Dropbox. Easy peasy!
- If you don’t have Dropbox, you need to get it. You can download the free version here.
- Set up your account. The email address you use for your Dropbox account is also the one you should use to contact Jon for access.
- Email Jon and tell him you’re ready to go.
Dropbox is secure and simple. It works just like a folder on your computer, except the stuff that you put into your Dropbox is automatically synced with any other device where you’ve installed Dropbox. You can share files and folders, collaborate with others, and basically enjoy life.
We’ll be adding additional collaborative tools as they become necessary. Stay tuned for details!