Download Master Presentation
View meeting information
Meeting Location and Accommodations
The DM SIG Meeting will be held in the Illinois Ballroom at the iHotel and Conference Center. iHotel and Conference Center 1900 South First Street Champaign, IL 61820 Phone: (217)819-5000 A block of rooms have been set aside at a rate of $119/night, please use the registration code ANCM when booking your room to secure this rate. You must make your reservation by October 9th to secure this rate. Alternate Hotel Hilton Garden Inn 1501 South Neil Street Champaign, IL 61820 (217)352-9970 Transportation Willard Airport is nearest to Champaign
- Continue our planning for joint workforce development projects among SIG members.
- Discuss curriculum development and certification/badging of completed courses that will be of value to employers offering HPC jobs.
Group B: Software, Applications, Capabilities & Expertise Facilitator: Matt Sakey
- Software integration – building education into the web environment; learning delivery tools, courseware development, and accessibility
- Application training – building, leveraging, and integrating software-specific training
- Community education – how the collaborative environment can self-educate
10:30 Break 11:00 Tour of Caterpillar Simulation Center Noon Lunch 1:00 Potential Partner Presentations (15-20 minutes each) The following individuals will each give an approximate 20 minute overview of their organization, key activities as they pertain to the broad topic of Education & Training, and how their efforts may in fact be leveraged as a part of our broad attempts to reach the Missing Middle.
- Matt Sakey NCMS (Facilitator)
- Michele Ringrose NAFEMS
- James Karagiannes DeVry University
- Gardner Carrick The Manufacturing Institute (TBD)
2:30 Break 3:00 Breakout Sessions Participants are free to select which session they would prefer attending. These will be facilitated working group sessions focused on the two topics outlined below. Group A: Education & Training – Certification / Badging Facilitator: Sharan Kalwani
- Identify criteria for badging/certification with SIG members.
- Discussion on certification process for sites
- Solicit input from all interested parties for widespread adoption.
Group B: PIC Engagement Discussion Facilitator: Jon Riley
- Education & Training requirements within currently funded Michigan PIC engagement
- Means to incorporate existing / novel materials in the MI PIC
- Expanding relationships / content as other PIC centers are initiated
4:30 Final Thoughts / Upcoming Meeting Information 5:00 Adjourn
Alissa Roath Membership Services Manager (734) 995-3457 firstname.lastname@example.org