October 1st & 2nd, 2013
Attendees from across the country converged on GE’s Advanced Manufacturing and Software Technology Center to be part of Digital Manufacturing Revolution . The two-day event marked the official opening of the first Grid Cell™ Innovation Center, kicking off the national effort to bring 21st Century Digital Manufacturing tools to American industry.
The Lakeshore Room was filled to capacity for both days of the hugely successful event. Manufacturers, academics, software and hardware providers, and other Digital Manufacturing stakeholders discussed needs and opportunities across the interactive, constructive event.
The lively agenda included :
- Discussion of the NCMS Lightweight Automotive Materials Program (LAMP), the spark that launched the Digital Manufacturing initiative
- Workforce Development Panel
- Facilitated Workshop for OEMs
- Presentation from GE discussing the Advanced Manufacturing and Software Technology Center
- Presentation from Procter & Gamble discussing HPC in Manufacturing
- Discussion on revitalizing manufacturing in Michigan by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Overview of the NCMS Grid Initiative and a Portal Demonstration
- Information on the NCMS InnoState Program
- Discussion on Advanced Manufacturing Techniques in the Middle Market
Since the announcement of the Grid in Aug 2012theNCMS vision for Digital Manufacturing continues to come to fruition. From the early light of LAMP to ever-increasing awareness of modeling and simulation among American manufacturers, the Grid’s continued evolution points to a very exciting future.
Next up: continue progress on the Grid Cells™ and launch nationwide pilot programs to build a library of success stories. Together, we’re going to change the way America builds!
Presentations and pictures from the meeting are available on the Grid website at www.DoItInDigital.com.
Are you interested in hosting a meeting?
Three meetings per year
- Winter – Jan/Feb
- Summer –June/July/Aug/early Sept
- Fall – October/November
- One day meeting with post meeting reception
- Option of pre-meeting reception/tour the evening before
- Recognized as a sponsor
- Option to host a facilities tour and present at the meeting
- Provide venue location and food/beverage for meeting and reception
- Work with Jon/Andrea for time on the agenda
- All logistical support and meeting communications from Andrea/NCMS
Andrea Carson email@example.com 617-281-3617