On-Wing Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) of Jet Engine Fan Disk:
- Require on-wing NDI for sub-surface fatigue crack with minimal engine disassembly.
- Crack initiates inside the blade slot area.
- Physical access is limited.
- Borescope and Eddy Current inspections will not produce acceptable Probability of Detection.
- Ultrasonic inspection is most likely known method to produce acceptable results. Other inspection methods would be considered, if Probability of Detection can be established.
Point of Contract:
Debbie Lilu, NCMS