The National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS) is the largest consortium devoted to North American Manufacturing in the world. Established in 1986 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan – the 501(c)3 non-profit administers federal grants, industry consortiums and large programs on behalf of the U.S. Government. Additionally, NCMS uses its proven collaboration model to bring innovations out of the research phase and into implementation through its cross-sector, multi-partner project teams.
With branches in both Bremerton, WA and Washington, DC, NCMS is seen as the leader in collaboration, consortiums and contract administration. Historically we have managed over 300 federal awards with various Government agencies including the DoD, EPA, DoC/EDA, DOE, NSF and DOT which total over $650M. Through these awards, NCMS has executed over 1,000 contracts with collaborating industry participants. NCMS employees excel in their disciplines of accounting, contracting, project management, information technology, web and graphic design, and membership administration. Through the broad range of technology areas, government and industry partners, and member companies, NCMS employees have opportunities to grow in an exciting economic sector and be on the cutting edge of technology advancements. Eligible employees are afforded a comprehensive, market competitive total compensation package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Long Term Care, 403(b) Plan with Roth options, Vacation, Sick Time, and Free Parking!
Find open positions below and see if NCMS might be a fit for you!
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all HR functions within the organization. This position is also responsible to discover and address employee engagement, satisfaction, and commitment levels of employees and recommend solutions to the Leadership Team.
- Manage the Hire to Retire process for employees and interns.
- Maintain ethical salary review and variable pay procedures including defined contribution plans.
- Manage benefit plans and perform administrative functions for benefit and defined contribution plans and coordinate communications and education pertaining to the plans.
- Manage the annual Performance Management process including coaching supervisors and employees on performance issues, corrective actions, and coaching conversations.
- Interface with legal counsel regarding employment law issues and when representing the organization in legal matters such as unemployment or other employment related claims.
- Provide executive administrative support to the President and CEO including assistance in coordinating the Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Champion and demonstrate NCMS Company Values.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology and minimum three years’ working in Human Resources.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications including Share Point and various web-based benefit applications.
- Demonstrated competency in talent acquisition, employee engagement and retention, total compensation, and employee relations.
- Understanding of employment laws and best practices for compliance.
Reports to: Director, Finance
Employment Classification: Exempt Part-Time (24-28 hours per week)
NCMS is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Job Description: Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for planning and carrying out multiple projects while considering contingencies and alternatives. While working closely with the program and project management team, this role provides leadership and/or support for each step of full-cycle project management. This role will report directly to a Program Manager.
- Manage collaborative projects that meet technology and business needs of NCMS customers.
- Guide the development of project concept paper, statement of work, work breakdown structure, budget, schedule, deliverables, roles and responsibilities, and subcontractor and consultant selection and management.
- Complete final reporting and outreach as required.
- Provide daily management of each project by developing and maintaining all project communications, records, and files. Assure proper audit material maintained and available.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with assigned Director as well as all NCMS departments.
- Strictly adhere to all rules and regulations as determined by government, NCMS customers, and NCMS best practice.
- Proactively promote NCMS and its mission through every interaction and by developing relationships with industry, government, academia, and professional associations.
- Participate in technical seminars, workshops, and trade shows as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering and minimum two years working in R&D Project Management.
- Experience working in a manufacturing, advanced technology or mechanical maintenance environment.
- Demonstrated competency in communication, contributing to team success, initiating action and persuasiveness.
- Demonstrated customer focus and continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to perform administrative duties and to use basic office equipment and applications.
- Three to five years working in R&D project management.
- Three to five years working directly or very closely with the US Department of Defense.
- Experience working closely with the US Department of Defense.
- Business Development competencies including building positive relationships, gaining commitment and initiative.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel.
Reports to: Program Manager
Standards of Performance:
- Projects are completed on time and within budget including final reporting as required.
- Director is appraised of project status at all times.
- Effectiveness leads to future projects, partnerships, or members.
- Excellent, ethical customer service standards maintained for internal and external customers.
- Innovate, collaborate and be accountable in each task.
NCMS is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.